Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 27 - English Leader and Meet the Mormons

Hey Mom hey Dad,

Yeah the months really do go fast here.
I'm not sick anymore, I think now my companion is a sick one. He got sick yesterday and I guess Sundays are our new sick days.

I'm having a good time here. We are having a lot of success. We have five people with the baptismal dates. Five, that's really cool. And this week I'll be able to baptize someone. And the cool part is I didn't even have to ask to baptize her. She talked to the bishop to see if she could do it for this Saturday. And he said it was fine. So she came to us and said she wanted to let us know of the change. And then said, oh yeah Elder Pead, I would like you to baptize me. And I was like sweet. No, I was just like really happy. I'll send a few photos this next week.

That's nice that you had stake conference this week. I totally forgot that I spoke in stake conference a while back before the mission. Tell Bro. Dickson hi for me.

I'm glad that Jarrett is doing good in school, and that you and mom are doing good. I'm trying to have love for everyone. We have an investigator that we are working with, he looks a lot like Jarrett. We invited him to be baptized, and he said yes. I was really excited and then his mom walked in and said, you're going to be baptized? Then he said no I'm going to be baptized. So in reality I am trying to have a lot of  patience with him. As well as my companion, something I still need to learn.  I guess the Lord is trying to teach me to have patience with all of my companions.

Everything is going fine here, my camera is fine. The pictures I sent last week were from a different camera. I am sending some pictures this week and you will notice that they are better. They are not blurry like the other one. My camera is fine now, everything dried out.

Oh, guess what I am now? What my new responsibility is in the mission?  In the Pasto zone I am the English leader. That means I have to do a lot of things. One thing is, I have to make sure all the districts are singing their hymns(in English), make sure all the companionship's complete book one of the English program. I need to make sure they complete that book by March 21. And I need to memorize the English study books that we use in this program. I need to work with my companion and teach him the things he needs to learn. And I get to go and give module exams to the missionaries when they are ready to take them. I am over the whole area in Pasto, that's a lot of area to cover. It will be fun.

That's about it for this week, I will be sending you photos and whatnot. Oh, dad as well there's a less active family here in the area. The mother is very active but the father and few of the kids are getting reactivated.  Their daughter has autism. She is 25, and she is amazing with art. She makes amazing beautiful art. They told me things about her when she was younger it was kind of like Jarrett a little bit. But now she is improving and doing a lot of schooling. A lot of people around the area know her now because of the schooling that she is doing. It's really cool to think that one day maybe Jarrett can be the same as her.
It makes me realize that there's a lot of people throughout the world that are similar to us. It's really cool, I like it.

I will be sending you the recordings I have made for the young men in the ward. I am trying to get those loaded and sent in an email to you. There's so much I get to do now and P days. As well as I'm trying to get a CD together for an investigator. She has a child and she wants her child to listen to primary songs so you know, no pressure on me today.

I love you Mom, I love you Jarrett. Oh, guess what we had in zone conference this week. In our zone conference we watched Meet the Mormons. We finally got to watch it. It was cool, I loved it. Watched it in Spanish. Great movie, it's a funny movie. I really liked it. All the missionaries cried in the last one about the mom who sent her son on the mission. Everyone was in tears.

Love you guys very much.

Elder Pead














No comments:

Post a Comment