Saturday, May 7, 2016

Week 88 or something

Week 80 something or somewhat.  (By dad's count it's 88)

I really don't keep track.

This week had lots of people come to church! Investigators and less active members. So we have a lot to do this week. As this is the last week of transfers our goal is to build up the area in case of transfers and we do not that!

Maria Fernanda and Jayro have had many great experiences with prayer and the Book of Mormon.
Maria has told us that though the book of Mormon, she has come to know that this gospel is true, not just because of our visits. She says she feels comfort and peace when she reads it.

Jayro has had about 3 experiences with the Holy Ghost. He told us while he prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, he felt a chill overcome him and said his mind was clear and felt a calming sensation.
Then in the chapel during the closing prayer in gospel principles class, he said he closed his eyes and saw Jesus. He said he was petrified at first, but calm. He is progressing well and leaving his coffee.

Myra is obeying with exactness with sanctifying the Sabbath. She has had lots of contact with a sister missionary, who is from Spain, in Salt Lake, and she is just really happy to talk to her and see her progress. She said she loved church and will be the example to her Husband to come to church.  

Recent Convert Jorge Manzi has really stepped up the plate so to say, he is giving much advice in the Elders Quorum and how we can improve and reactivate our brothers. As well as he gave the advice to the brothers to study the ordinances we do with the priesthood. (i.e. baptisms, blessings of health) he told them to go over them. ´´when I go to the doctors, I wait for about 3 hours for my appointment. I can learn these words in that time. But I don’t have the Melchizedek priesthood, you do, and you need to learn this. I’ll start preparing now.´´

I swear when this man goes to the temple I'll be coming back.

All is well. The district is fine. They found a family of gold. Glad they are doing well. It’s weird to be in charge of them, especially that my trainer is there haha.

Love my district, love my area, and I love Colombia. Especially that they have chokies. It’s like chips ahoy!

Elder Pead











Mr. Grapefruit

Shoe goo


The Gran Zone of Palmira

We are very serious




No comments:

Post a Comment