Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 53 - Don't Stress

Hey Mom and Dad,

Hopefully the photos will load up today. Last week they didn't want to load up to dropbox.  They were taking forever. When that happens I have to kind of start over. It's a long story and I really don't want to think about it.

Things are going good here, we are still looking for more people to teach. It's kind of stressful sometimes. We're working hard but a lot of times people just don't want to listen, they're doing their thing. "oh we are really busy, oh sorry don't have time". We do have our investigator ready to be baptized. We are really happy about that. But a big part of the work is always trying to find new people. That's where we get stressed out sometimes.  Sometimes this mission seems very different. Sometimes it feels like it is all about the stats. It is like sometimes they want us to improve every second. Always have to do better. What can I tell you?  We will continue to work hard. We will continue to improve.  We must do it.  We will do it.

Oh dad, thanks for reminding me again to obey the mission rules it's always good to be reminded and as a district leader I must be a very good example. I'm seeing a difference of how I do things now. My companion is very different and he has taught me a lot of good things. He keeps reminding me that we must always do our best and be happy and not stress out about so many little things. He has noticed a lot of the missionaries that have been good in the past seem to be getting stressed out and because of that they start to fall off a little bit. I understand now why sometimes we need to just take a minute to breathe and relax a little bit. But we must continue to work hard and then relax a little.

I'm glad you guys are doing fine. And yes I will tell the secretaries in the mission office that you are very disappointed in them for not getting my package out to me in a timely manner. I guess I will get it someday, I don't know when.  Everything is good and I am happy.

Be sure and tell Jarrett I love him. Mom you're so great, I love you. I'm sad to report that with the little conflict that Venezuela is having with the Colombians in The border town of Cúcuta, I have had to not tell people that my mother is from Venezuela. I had a guy yell at me and was very upset. So I just tell them that I have a gringo father and I have a Latin mother.

I love you guys superduper much. I hope you have a great week. Wow still hard to believe that I have one year down in the mission. It still feels like I've only been out for like six months. Super weird. Talk to you guys next week hopefully I won't be transferred. Hopefully hopefully.

Love,

Elder Pead




















No comments:

Post a Comment