Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 22

Hey Dad, I'm reading your email. I heard that Miss Colombia won last night, don't know how I feel about that. I always thought that Venezuela would win every time but it didn't happen, a lot of people are happy here.( I asked him if there was a lot of partying going on after Miss Colombia won Miss Universe last night)

Yes, I did receive your package. (Dallin and the other Elders had requested a few shirts and beanies from BYU)All the elders loved what you sent. They're really happy about it and everything is great,they really enjoyed it and they thank you very much.

We all got our BYU shirts and stuff. I gave one of the hats to a member, Abner, the one who let us use his computer at Christmas. So I gave him that because he likes BYU. I thought that it would be nice to give him that since he does nice stuff for us.

Everything's fine, I'm trying to take care of myself in the physical way we are starting to do more exercising. As well as eating, starting next week we will have a new pensionista. Her name is  Hermana Cuqué ella es muy chévere(she is very cool). Her husband is the second counselor in the bishopric. Their whole family is Chévere. I love saying Chévere. We went and had a family home evening with them yesterday and she gave us some food and it was great food, she made this salad with carrots and cream cheese and piña, (pineapple) and together it was perfect, it was great.

Yes I making sure that my clothes are very clean, I take two hours every P day in the morning to scrub them and make sure they're clean.

Things are going good with my companion, working good and working through any differences we might have. Had a good interview with the mission president this last week during zone conference. He gave me some great tips on how to do better on certain things.

This week our baptism fell through, well not actually. At first we talked to this family and they're a less active family, as we talked to them we learned that their daughter was eight years old. And we realized that it would be a ward baptism. Then we talked to the bishop and he said no the daughter is nine years old. We looked at the records and it does say that she is nine. Then the family looked at their stuff and said, oh yeah, she is nine. And the daughter asked, did I miss a birthday?  Did you skip my birthday?  Can I have a birthday party?  So it is our baptism I guess. Not a lot of the family could come to the baptismal service this week, but they can come next week. We really need to focus on reading of the book of Mormon with them. They were baptized about four years ago.The mom has gone to a few different churches in the past few years. so we are trying to focus with them on reading the book of Mormon. Other than that this week is been a normal week. There really isn't anything out of the ordinary and just working hard and doing what we do.

All the Elders say thank you for the presents you sent. They've been taking pictures every day. The Elder from Brazil takes pictures every day with his BYU stuff. He says now all he needs are BYU shorts and it would be perfect.

Tell Sister Syphus, Sister Twitchell, the Brands, the Demke's, and everyone there, hello. Tell the youth I said hi, tell Bishop I said hi, tell the Beechers I said hi. Tell them thanks for being in the ward and helping me learn from everyone. I really like that I have a good ward and with them I learned a lot of stuff.

Pretty much it, we're hoping everything will go fine.

Love you mom and dad. Tell Jarrett I love him.

Elder Pead




No new photos this week so I will share a few of the "silly" ones from last week











No comments:

Post a Comment