Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 19- New Year, New Companion

Well dad, you will get a few photos today.

Today I just want to talk to you because I don't have a lot of time to write. Just want to tell you about a few things, I have a new companion. His name is Elder Bautista. He is from the same group as I. I will be the younger(junior) companion because he speaks Spanish and I don't. Ha ha yea that's it right there. We get along really well. Really well actually, I've gotten along with him a lot more than my other companions.

 We've been working really hard this week. I've worked hard in my mission, but this week we worked extremely hard. And we have a baptismal date for the mother of one of the sisters in the ward here. This lady will be baptized into weeks time hopefully, if everything goes well and she follows the things we ask her to do with the lessons and everything. Her name is Maria. She is really cool, she just wanted listen to us one day and in the lesson we just told her about baptism and she started to cry during the lesson and it felt really good. And I started to cry also, I'm a crier. Her daughter told us that while she was in the temple she had an experience where she felt like she was important to the Lord and she felt that one day her mother would be there with her. And her mother now has agreed to baptism. Hopefully everything will go well. This will be my first convert in the mission.

Jose Camilo was my convert but I only taught him like two lessons and he already had made the decision to be baptized. But sometimes I count him as my convert because I taught him and I still help him with stuff at church and we give him other lessons after baptism. Everything is going good with him as well.

We are just really excited for two weeks time. We have some other investigators in that family and hopefully they will be fine. We have Alejandra, hopefully she'll be doing good. And Brandon, I don't know about Little Brandon. If he sees his mom get baptized he'll want the lessons as well.

I've had my first hardship in the mission. We were talking to two of our investigators, they are sisters. And their father will not let them get baptized. And because they know their father will not let them get baptized they had to tell us no to getting baptized. That was really hard because when you Love someone so much, you love these people and you want them to have the gospel in their lives. Hopefully everything will be fine you know.

I want you guys to know I love all of you very much. Everything is going fine here. We are working hard.

Love you guys and thanks for everything.

Audio from Dallin




Elder Pead and Elder Bautista



Look Dad, I use Ariel laundry detergent just like you did on your mission.
Mine is better because it is Double Power!

Elder Bautista thinks Elder Pead is a little strange

No comments:

Post a Comment