Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 60

Hey guys it's me, Dallin,

This week has been a good week in the sense that we are working hard. Our baptismal date fell through. But we found another baptismal date that should work for her.  We will continue to work with her and help her out.
Transfers came and went. My companion is staying here with me. It's been fun, we have really been working hard.

I really like what you mentioned in the last part of your letter. We are who we are today because of the trials of yesterday. It made me realize there are still a lot of things I need to learn about.

Oh, I got the package you sent. Everything is great. Everything is awesome! Thanks for everything. My companion also says thanks for the things you sent him.

Everything is fine, we just need to find more people. We have been finding a few, and we talked to the stake president the other day. He gave us a lot of good tips. The ward here does not have a ward mission leader, The Stake President suggested that we could do many of the things that the ward mission leader would be doing. That would help us with getting new investigators through members. The mission has changed quite a bit, it is really focused on preach my gospel. I can say that I'm really happy because of that.  It gives the work a really personal touch. Not so much a missionary that is like a robot. But a missionary with real feelings and not focus so much on techniques.

The experience this week that really made me learn because it was hard, is that sometimes investigators just aren't quite ready for baptism. We work so hard for investigators to make it to their baptismal day and then things seem to just fall through.   But then you realize why.  We learn from it and focus on how to help them.

Today has been really good, cleaned a lot, washed my clothes.  The good thing about Cali is you can hang your wet clothes out and in like 10 minutes they are completely dry.

Love you guys. Tell everyone I said hi, glad everyone is doing fine.

Keep praying for us. I really learned a lot this week. Part of it is that sometimes if your companion is not really animated, you have to be the one who's animated. Through your example it can change. I've learned a lot this week and I want to put in practice.

Have a great week love you all. Oh, I sent pictures.


Elder Pead

















No comments:

Post a Comment