Saturday, June 4, 2016

Week 92- Flat Out Miracle

Hey everyone!

So this week, was a flat out miracle. Last Sunday we found a family though a Recent Convert, and in that lesson was a young man named Anderson. We told him we were going to come back Wednesday, so Wednesday morning we were about to call him when he called to confirm if we were going to visit. We went to his house and he told us he read the Restoration pamphlet and said ´´I never thought about asking God what church was true. I always wanted to know but couldn’t find out.´´ He said that he was like Joseph Smith, and he wanted to know what church was true. We have taught him 3 lessons and he attended a sacrament meeting. He has accepted baptism and will be baptized in June. He also said, ´´you said the church has been restored, and you two go out in two and two like the apostles, it’s like you are like them. I want to be like them. All my life I wanted to help others and I see you guys. I want to be like you and help others.´´

I felt like I should share a scripture with him that I marked awhile back. in Mosiah 28: 3 that says: Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.

 He then said ´´ that’s how I feel. How did you know?´´
What I have realized this week is that it is so key  to have the spirit. If we have the spirit we will know what to share and when to share it.
I have felt the missionary spirit all this week, ever so last night, while I was taking out dates(receiving the stats) of district. We have had lots of problems helping people come to church. And my companion and I all day yesterday were thinking of what to do. We figured it out though.
I have never really thought I would be worrying about all these other people and not myself. It's weird. But I get that scripture now…
It's going to be a better week. So grateful for the Lord and his great plan of happiness that all nations can hear of the glad tidings of the restored gospel.

Love you all.

Elder Pead


















No comments:

Post a Comment