Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 85 - I Feel Happy

This week we had a older man get baptized. His name is Jorge Manzi.  His children have been baptized but have gone inactive since 10 years.

He has always seen the missionaries, from Bogotá to Buga, but he has never really understood the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We stopped by one day, and well, he said ´´ the day I say i'll sit down to talk to you, is the day I'll go to church´´
That next week he went to church... he is a man of his word.
When he bore his testimony he said a few words that really touched me.

´´I knew I could not have been baptized the 26th, for God did not give me an answer but in these last 3 days, I got my answer. I have felt a happiness that I cannot describe, the way the missionaries come when I need them, the members who visit me in time of need, and the love for God that he has for me, is hard to describe... but I feel happy. I know that his gospel brings peace, for I felt it.´´

After a good 15 years of missionaries chasing him down, we helped him get to the waters of baptism and to start following the Saviors perfect example.

He will receive the priesthood next week and our branch president has many things planed for him.
I'm just happy we could help someone come unto Christ. my comp always shares a scripture with me.

Lucas 15:4-7

 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

I feel happy that he feels happy. The Gospel is true. There is no other joy greater than the good news that it brings.

-Elder Dallin Pead













No comments:

Post a Comment