Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 72 - Transfered

Hey mom and dad,

It's your son here, Elder Dallin Travis Pead.

First of all let me tell you what happened today. I got transferred to Palmira. It is about an hour outside of Cali. I am in a district of four or six elders. I don't know exactly how many until I see what happened with all the other transfers. I got here today and well it is way different. I'm just a little confused.  I will be finishing the new missionary training of my New son, Elder Berreo. I am also in the same apartment as Elder  Parvina who was in my old  district of Ceibas, and my other son, Elder Tantachuco. So yeah, we're all together. We will be baptizing the crap out of the people here.  I am also serving in a branch. The first time I've been in the branch during the mission. I just got here today so I don't know a lot about things yet.

This past week was really good. It was a change from our previous weeks. I left my old area with two investigators who have baptismal dates for the 30th and the 5th. We were really working hard. It was a special week.

To answer your questions, if you want to send a camera that would be fine.  I was trying to decide what to do. I was thinking of buying one here.  Go ahead and send one, that would be Chévere. I do not need anything else. I am fine with everything. I have gotten some new clothes here, that fit me better. I have actually given away a lot of my clothes that didn't fit me to Elder Riquelme.

Thanks for sending the excerpt from Doug's mission blog.  I will certainly use that in my district meeting.

So yeah, I am here in Palmira, in Bizerta 1. I am the district leader of four or six missionaries. I still don't know exactly who is in my district. Hopefully I will have six, the more the better. We should all get along great in our apartment, I am really excited. We will see how this next week goes, it should be good.

Man I feel really tired today.  I haven't slept at all since transfers came in. I do miss my old companion. It was hard to say goodbye to Elder Riquelme.  It was a heartfelt goodbye. I really wanted to stay little bit longer.  There must be a reason I was transferred, so I will work to find out what it is.

Love you guys,

Elder Pead











Making Breaded Chicken with a few ingredients from home









No comments:

Post a Comment