Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week 80 - Advice to Dad

Hey dad. Like you have told me many many many times, we all have tough weeks. But the thing is that we need to endure.

I'm glad Jarrett is happy that there is no school. It's good to take a step back and relax sometimes. You should do it also Pops.

Glad you shared your testimony on Sunday. What I have learned is every time we share it, we build ours up.

A member in our branch gave his testimony, and there is a part I would like to share with you.
`` Remember who we are. We are sons of God. We are literally his sons. And he went through what we go through. We have the potential to be like Him and equal as Him. Never forget we have divine potential.``

Hope all is well Dad, I know things are tough, but realize that is the point in life, to be tested and to receive His glory.

This week we had 3 investigators come to church and 2 have a baptism date. They are both ready, but still have things here and there that could hold back their baptism. But then again that's just to help them build their testimony in the Gospel.

We all have troubles here and there, but it's to help us. I always think of the scripture that is in éter 12: 6  ``Y ahora yo, Moroni, quisiera hablar algo concerniente a estas cosas. Quisiera mostrar al mundo que la fe es las cosas que se esperan y no se ven; por tanto, no contendáis porque no veis, porque no recibís ningún testimonio sino hasta después de la prueba de vuestra fe``

6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

We grow from the experiences. It's great to know that, and I'm glad to be tried and tested. It helps me improve.

On another note, are you reading your scriptures?  Saying all your prayers? Is mom doing the same? This is called verification. I do it to my district and investigators all the time. Haha. I'm practicing with you because I love you and miss you.

Always ask mom for help when needed. I have learned mothers give good advice.

Love you dad. Know that I do and that Heavenly Father loves you too.

Your son, Dallin.






No comments:

Post a Comment